Thursday, September 9, 2010

Amelie.

 

When watching Amelie for the bajillionth time, I came to the scene where she cheerfully flits over to the blind homeless man waiting to cross the busy street [the homeless man who plays bewitching tunes on an early 20th century record player in the Abbesses train stop] and aids him down the comic strip sidewalk to the train, all the while explaining each and every zany, lovely goings-on that occurs as they pass...



And I cried for how beautiful it was.

In my personal opinion, this scene independently portrays the solitary aim of the film as a whole, a film that everyone needs to watch at least once in his or her lifetime. 

Everyone.

1 comment:

  1. This movie looks amazing! I have never had the pleasure to watch it before... But now i believe it is a must! I love foreign films.

    ReplyDelete