Saturday, May 22, 2010

for feelings of failure...

So I had an awkward morning two days ago that left me feeling like a failure at life!
I'm desperately trying to sublet my apartment in Chicago for the month of June so that I can live
at home and not pay close to $700 in rent.
I had scheduled two people to come view but, silly me, let my phone die and realized I'd left my
charger at home. So it ended up being a near fiasco trying to borrow Rach's phone/Skype/wait
on my front stoop in order to get a hold of the second woman who came to view, and after all the
hassle she wasn't even interested.

To cheer me up, a friend from church gave me this website of famous people who never gave
up...even after what sometimes became hundreds of failures.

Don't Give Up!

My two favorites:

1. ""In 1944, Emmeline Snively, director of the Blue Book Modeling Agency, told modeling
hopeful Norma Jean Baker, "You'd better learn secretarial work or else get married." I'm sure
you know that Norma Jean was Marilyn Monroe. Now . . . who was Emmeline Snively?"

2. "I don't want to achieve immortality through my work. I want to achieve it through not dying.
Eighty percent of success is showing up." -Woody Allen.

Now, M.M. died of an overdose (supposedly) and Allen is kind of a nutcase....but you get the idea ;]

No comments:

Post a Comment