Sunday, June 13, 2010

Couldn't sleep.

So in the wee hours I search the internet like the average Joe, and what do I find this night??

A spectacular slew of Annie Leibovitz photographs for Vanity Fair 2007 that emulates scenes from the films of none other than my favorite,

Alf Hitchcock.

I am simply obsessed and really wish that I would have thought of the theme first, not gonna lie...


Psycho: Marion Cotillard [My favorite recreation as far as subject matter of late, naturally.]


Rear Window: Scarlett Johansson and Javier Bardem [A very close second, but Scarlett is no Grace Kelly and Javier is certainly no Jimmy Stewart.]


Strangers on a Train: Emile Hirsch and James McAvoy [I just loved this movie, and this scene was the closest to its original. Those two should plan a re-make.]


Marnie: Naomi Watts [I know nothing of this film, and she makes me want to watch it.]


Dial 'M' for Murder: Charlize Theron [See Naomi Watts.]


North By Northwest: Seth Rogan [Gotta love it.]


The Birds: Jodie Foster [Ironic because Naomi Watts has already been cast in its re-make.]


Lifeboat: Tang Wei, Josh Brolin, Casey Affleck, Eva Marie Saint, Ben Foster, Omar Metwally, and Julie Christie


To Catch a Thief: Gwyneth Paltrow and Robert Downey Jr. [We only watched the first scene in my Hitchcock course, but this is another I'd love to see. Anyone care to join?]


Vertigo: Renee Zellweger [Not my first choice, but she does look a lot like Kim Novak.]


Rebecca: Keira Knightley and Jennifer Jason Leigh [The next Hitch film on my list--its premise is probably one of the most classic Hitchcockian besides The Trouble With Harry...ya know, the whole 'you never actually see the main character' idea.]


The best of his films that I've seen is Notorious, and I've decided that absolutely NO ONE could recreate the chemistry between Ingrid and Cary.

Even Annie knows that ;]

No comments:

Post a Comment